Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Long Thankful Recap

It has been some time now since I have written a REAL blog entry.

So many thing have happened since my last entry.

Lets see if I can do this in order:

+ Ryan's surgery was on Oct. 7th, I'm so THANKFUL that it went well. He had his surgery in Simi Valley at the Aspen Cener and they were absolutely great. He was in and out in record time, I think I waited for a whole 45 minutes before I was brought in to sit with him while he woke up from anesthesia. I brought him home and he recovered fairly quickly.

+ My dad's birthday was Oct. 29th and I was THANKFUL to have our family together to celebrate his birthday with a pizza party he requested. I made a gorgeous double chocolate cake only to have screwed up by trying to write "Happy Birthday Dad" and having a huge glob of icing plop out and make it look ugly but it was still so darn good.

+ Halloween came and went. I wasn't able to have my Kid's Halloween Party this year but I was THANKFUL to still fit in my Mrs. Incredible costume and join our friends in a walk around the neighborhood to trick-or-treat.

+ November kind of came and went. I was THANKFUL to be able to spend the holiday with my mom's family and my dad's family, although missing out on spending it with my husband and his family. It was fun to get all together like we have for so many years and be THANKFUL for all that we have. This was the first Thanksgiving without my Grandpa Ernie but I sure know he was with us, especially since Margret made the gravy and it came out so good. He definitely played a part in that. Side note- Margret doesn't really cook. A few Thanksgivings ago she attempted to make the traditional pumpkin pie, however, her pumpkin pie had two crusts...yep...two! SO you now know what I mean by my grandpa helping her out :)

+ My mom and I went shopping on Black Friday. I was THANKFUL for the tradition we've kept on, the laughs we had, the time we spent together, the sales we made, and the open Denny's we found at 2:30am!

+ Last but DEFINITELY not least, I'm THANKFUL for the little person growing inside of me. Ryan and I found out on October 21st that we're having a baby! We had our first ultrasound on November 20th and have pictures of the little one. All my tests came out normal and the baby has a strong heartbeat. As of today, I am 10 weeks and 5 days pregnant. The baby is due June 26, 2009. We are blessed.



1 comment:

Nanette said...

Awww, congrats to you!